What are fake news?
How to recognise fake news?
IDENTIFYING FALSE NEWS
We check the truth of the article by:
- checking the reliability of the source and the author of the news,
- check the date of publication,
- paying attention to emotions, especially negative ones, used by the author of the article,
- reviewing information on other sources. a picture or video was taken out of context,
- we need to pay attention to the grammar and vocabulary used in the article,
- consider how real this story can be, it can be adapted for the purpose of gaining more views, - when reading fake news, critical thinking about the article is key let’s think and ask ourselves questions.
When we come across false information, we MUST NOT:
-share or spread direct links from this news, -like, share or comment on the post, as this gives the fake post attention and inadvertently doing exactly what the creator of the post wanted.